Your privacy is important
Kinds of information we collect
We collect and hold personal and other information about customers and potential customers, contractors and other people who come into contact with us (you).
The kinds of personal information we may collect and hold may include your name, address, date of birth, phone number, e-mail address, geographic location, debit or credit card details and any other information you provide to us when you use our website.
We use the information you provide to us to improve the website and ensure that our service is the best it can be. We will also collect data about a customer that is not personal information, but information on how you use our page or other webpages you have visited so we can tailor our service to meet our customers’ needs, this is called ‘Aggregate Information’. This Aggregate Information can be collected and combined with other customers’ information to help us understand customers’ trends and the information helps us to make improvements that better the experience of our website. We may share the Aggregate Information with third parties to improve our services and understand what our customers want, and we can use this data for advertising and marketing purposes. Aggregate Information will also be disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ advertising and direct marketing purposes.
How we collect information
We will generally collect personal information about you directly by way of forms and other documents or information you submit to us (whether in paper or electronic form), correspondence you provide to us and telephone calls or meetings with you. Personal information can also be collected through competitions, referrals from individuals or other entities.
How we use personal information
We will only use personal information for the following purposes unless otherwise required or permitted by law:
- to provide you with the best possible service in supplying you with our goods and services;
- to answer any questions or inquiries you direct to us;
- to provide you with marketing materials in relation to offers, specials, products and services we have available from time to time or those that we think may interest you;
- to provide you with marketing materials in relation to a third party’s services;
- to allow third party’s to collect Aggregate Information;
- for our internal management purposes, to manage our relationship with you to manage the payment and recovery of amounts payable to us by you or an entity related to you (as applicable);
- process payments for our products and services;
- for other purposes which are reasonably necessary in connection with our normal functions and activities; and
- to display targeted advertisements based on personal information and Aggregate information. Although we do not provide any personal information to the advertiser solely when you interact with or view a targeted ad, by interacting with an ad, by clicking or viewing an ad, you consent to the possibility that the advertiser assumes you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad and continue to advertise to you.
If we are unable to collect personal or such other information relating to you, we may be unable to provide you with the goods or services you require or continue our relationship with you.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose personal information to the following kinds of entities for the relevant purposes mentioned above:
- our contractors, consultants, advisers, associates and related entities;
- any industry body, tribunal, court or otherwise in connection with any complaint made by you about us;
- if you have provided us with referees to assist with the assessment of a potential contract between you and us, the referees you have provided;
- third party service or product providers; and
- other entities with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We may disclose the kinds of personal information listed above to overseas. As at the date of this policy the recipients will be located in Australia although the countries in which the recipients are located may change over time.
How we hold personal information
We hold personal information in paper form and electronic form. We have in place steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Even though we are not a bookmaker, we believe it is important to protect children from the impact of wagering until they are of a legal age to make such decisions. We will not accept personal information from minors for the purpose of opening an account. However, it is ultimately the parent or guardian/s responsibility to monitor their child’s Internet activities and if appropriate implement screening software.
Direct marketing communications
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with marketing materials in relation to offers, specials, products and services that we have available. If you would not like to receive direct marketing materials from us you may notify us using the contact details set out below.
Should you not wish to receive communications from us, you will have the option to un-subscribe on any email you receive from us or to indicate your communication preferences.
How to obtain access to your personal information
You may obtain access to personal information which we hold about you by contacting us using the contact details set out below. When you request copies of your personal information held by us we will endeavour to provide you with such personal information as soon as reasonably practicable.
We may require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. There may be occasions when access to personal information we hold about you is denied. Such occasions would include where release of the information would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others.
Accuracy and completeness of personal information
While we will endeavour to ensure that the personal information collected from you is up to date accurate and complete, we will assume that any personal information provided by you is free from errors and omissions. You may request that we update or vary personal information that we hold about you using the contact details listed below.
How to make a complaint about a breach of your privacy rights by us
writing to us using the contact details below and we will endeavour to respond and provide you with confirmation as to how we propose to deal with the complaint as soon as reasonably practicable.
Anonymity and pseudonyms
You have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when dealing with us in relation to privacy matters unless we are required by law or a court/tribunal to deal with individuals who have identified themselves or it is impractical for us to deal with you if you have not identified yourself in the circumstances.
Changes to this policy
Please direct all complaints and queries in relation to your privacy or this policy to: Privacy Officer, dollarsportstip.com Pty Ltd by emailing email@example.com